When it comes to selling your property, a well-placed, perfectly installed and attention-grabbing SpinTopSign will be one of your most valuable marketing tools. The vinyl post-style that comes with our circle SpinTopSign is a popular choice due to its durability, versatility, and professional appearance. In this guide, we will walk you through the steps to ensure your vinyl post is not just perfectly installed, but also stands out in a competitive real estate market.
Step 1: Determine the Ideal Location
The location of your sign is critical for attracting potential buyers, as well as garnering attention from neighbors who might be looking to sell. Consider these factors:
- Visibility: The sign should be easily visible from the road and unobstructed by trees or other structures. It should also face the most common direction of traffic flow.
- Property Entrance: Place the sign close to the entrance of your property, ensuring that it's the first thing prospective buyers see when they arrive.
- Property Boundaries: Be mindful of property boundaries and any potential disputes with neighbors. Ensure that your sign is within your property lines.
- Larger Properties: If you have a large property with multiple entrances, consider placing multiple signs at strategic locations to maximize exposure.
Step 2: Determine and Prepare the Installation Site
Before installing your vinyl post, confirm appropriate location and prepare the installation site:
- Determine Sign Install Site: Hold your vinyl post in its’ desired location, and ensure that the horizontal arm does not obstruct access to any sidewalks, driveways, or streets. Mark your location and set the post aside.
- Clear the Area: Trim any overgrown bushes, trees, or other vegetation that might obstruct the view of the sign. Remove any debris from the installation area.
Step 3: Install the Iron Stake
Install the iron stake upon which your vinyl post will sit. For the best end result, it is important that the stake be installed at a 90° angle, so follow the below steps to achieve that result:
- Place the stake in your marked location. Ensure that the stabilizing panel of the stake is parallel with the street or sidewalk.
- Set your 360° magnetic pocket level (we recommend this one) to 90°, and stick it to the front of your stake. This will tell you if your stake is leaning forward or backward. Correct as necessary, then move your pocket level over to the side of your stake. This will tell you if your stake is leaning to either side. Correct as necessary, then use a 3 lb sledgehammer to work the stake into the ground.
- Continuously check that the stake is not leaning forward, backward, or to either side, as you hammer it into the ground.
- Insert the stake into the ground, up to the top of the stabilizing panel.
Step 4: Install Post, SpinTop, and Personalized Signboard
Now that you have installed your stake, you can place your post, and add your SpinTop and personalized signboard to complete the look:
- Slide your signpost down over the stake, so that the horizontal arm is perpendicular to the sidewalk or street. Place the endcaps on either side of the horizontal arm, and place the u-shaped plastic piece down into the two slots on the top of the arm.
- Place the SpinTop bracket into the top of the vinyl post, then insert the long pin through the holes in the sides of the post and bracket. Use either the supplied locking pin or a small luggage lock (we recommend this one) to lock the pin in place.
- Depending on the type of post that came with your SpinTopSign, you will use either the provided “U” clips or oblong sign rider clips to hang your personalized signboard. If using the “U” clips, squeeze tightly to fit each of the two clips up and into a single hole location on your horizontal arm.
Step 5: Regular Maintenance
Your vinyl post, personalized signboard, and SpinTop should be regularly maintained to ensure they continue to look their best:
- Clean to remove dirt, grime, or any growth that might accumulate.
- Check for wear and tear, including any fading, peeling, or damage to the post and signboard.
- Update information in your SpinTop as needed, such as price changes or open house dates.
Installing the perfect vinyl post on your SpinTopSign is a vital part of your property marketing strategy. By selecting a high-quality sign, choosing an ideal location, and maintaining the sign regularly, you increase its effectiveness in attracting leads. A well-maintained and professionally designed sign sends a strong message to potential buyers and sellers, and sets a positive tone for the entire sales process.